Evangelist Russell Jones
C/O Lighthouse Baptist Church
241 Oak Grove Road
Blacksburg, SC 29702
Evangelist Russell Jones
Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the verbal, plenary, inspiration and the infallibility of the Scriptures. (II Tim. 3:15-17.) By inspiration we mean the books of the Bible were written by holy men of old, as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (II Peter 1:19-20). We believe the Word of God has been divinely preserved in the King James Version for English-speaking people, and is the only version we will use. We will never use any other version in the pulpit or printed publications.
2. We believe in the Trinity of the Godhead: one God eternally existing in three equal Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and imminent, pre-millennial coming of Christ.
4. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit. It is He who calls and regenerates believers. He baptizes them into Christ. He indwells, seals and fills the believer for service.
5. We believe that the believer receives the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation, not at some later time. We reject the modern tongues movement and the charismatic teachings.
6. We believe in the direct creation of the universe and man by God, as set forth in the Genesis account, and apart from any process of evolution.
7. We believe in the fall, the depraved nature and guilt of the human race, which necessitates the New Birth of the sinner by the Grace of God in Christ. Although we believe in the depraved nature of man, we reject the heretical teachings of Calvinism, and the T. U. L. I. P., as wholly unscriptural.
8. We believe in the eternal salvation of all individuals who put their trust in Christ and His shed blood.
9. We believe that the believer, at the moment of trusting Christ, becomes a member of the body of Christ and a member of the church of Christ. We believe that the local church is a company of baptized (immersed) believers, associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel.
10. We believe that the true mission of the church is to be found in the Great Commission: first, to make disciples; second, to baptize them; third, to instruct new disciples as He has commanded. We are to observe the ordinances of Christ (immersion and the Lord’s Table). We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government, free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations and that its one and only Head is Christ through the Holy Spirit. The ordinance of baptism is for believers only by immersion and is a pre-requisite for membership in the local church. (There is no redemption whatsoever in the ordinance of baptism.) Officers in the New Testament local church are pastors and deacons. We believe that these offices are specifically for males.
11. We believe in the obedience to the Biblical command to separate entirely from worldliness and ecclesiastical apostasy unto God and oppose without apology ecumenism and compromise in Christian principles.
12. We believe in a personal, real Satan who is the enemy of the believers. We believe in the personal existence of angels and demons.
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection, immortality and rapture of all believers at Christ’s imminent coming. We further believe a pre-tribulation rapture, meaning that the saints will not go through any part of the tribulation period.
14. We believe in the sovereign selection of Israel as God’s eternal covenant people and that all the promises of God to Abraham will occur and Israel will be continually blessed by God.
15. We believe in a literal hell which is for all those who refuse to trust in the substitutionary death of Christ. Likewise, we believe in a literal Heaven which is the abode of God and the future home of all the redeemed.
(This is only a partial list of our beliefs.)